What happened to my ranking on Google?
Wonder what happened to your ranking on Google? Why conversions are going down?
In this post, we will try to answer these questions, and take your website to next phase of online marketing – if you listen, and act fast.
Five things have been happened at Google Mountain View Headquarters recently:
- Google patent – A new Google patent has been rolled in. I call it “do”,” know”, and “act”.
- Microdata – Microdata (schema.org) took big step forward with the new Apple’s (and Android) Siri voice activation.
- Brand links – In May of 2010, Google announced via their blog that they had made brand refinements for product information in Google. The purpose of the brand links is to make it easier for users to find “popular” brands. According to their post, these “popular” brands are determined algorithmically.
- Google’s “Freshness” Update – Five days ago, Google announced that they released a new update that impacts roughly 35% of searches and can better determine when to give you more up-to-date relevant results.
WHAT TO DO?
Get your access to the protected actions. Contact us >.
- Google patent – According to the patent, as Action (“Do”), Information (“Know”) or Navigation (“Go”) model comes up a lot in the document and is a pretty useful structure for understanding search in general…Read more > // Easy steps to fix it >
- Microdata – The time has come for you to learn more about Schema.org new metatags. // Easy steps to fix it >
- Brand links. Easy steps to fix it – Add one more Read more >
- Google’s “Freshness” Update – The change builds on top of its previous “Caffeine” update (more details at Caffeine Update > ) in order to deliver more up-to-date and relevant search results. Google says that the new algorithm knows that different types of searches have different freshness needs, and weighs them accordingly. For example, a search for a favorite recipe posted a few years ago may still be popular enough to rank highly. // Easy steps to fix it > – D2S clients can optimize this factor within the pages D2S publishes.
- Facebook comments. // Easy steps to fix it > – Having real people visible asking questions on your site via Facebook is a massive trust metric and can make very positive impacts on your conversion rate Read more >>
Surprise! Download our free SEO cheat sheet here >